We support and facilitate international schools to provide quality education services and to meet the demand of the community.

HOME / WHAT WE DO / School Allocation Exercise / What happens after SAE?

What happens after SAE?

Offer letters will be sent to successful applicants regarding the allocation result.  Once the offers are accepted, the Education Bureau will request the successful applicants to provide proof on the tax exemption status within a specified period.

Following which, the Education Bureau will arrange to execute with each successful applicant a Service Agreement, as well as a Tenancy Agreement (for vacant school premises, by the Education Bureau or the Housing Department) and/or a Private Treaty Grant (for greenfield sites, by the Lands Department).  The premises and/or sites will be handed over to the successful applicant upon the completion of the above formalities.

For cases that are subject to the Buildings Ordinance, successful applicants shall appoint registered building professionals prescribed under this Ordinance to prepare and submit plans for the approval of Building Authority as regards the development of the greenfield sites or alterations and additions to existing school premises where applicable. The successful applicants shall also appoint a registered contractor to carry out the building works. Consent to commence building works is required from the Building Authority before the works start. For further details, please visit the website at

Successful applicants are advised to take into account the time required for design, government approval and contracting processes etc. when planning for the commencement of the international schools to be set out at the allocated sites and/or premises.


The premises and sites will be handed over to the successful applicants on an as-is basis.  The status of the premises and sites may be subject to change at the time of allocation, which is in turn subject to applicable procedures and the successful and timely surrender of the premises and sites by the current occupants, if any.